PACIFIC NW NAR-ANON
Hope and Help for
Families and Friends of Addicts
The Twelve Concepts of Nar-anon Service
Just as freedom for the individual comes from the Twelve Steps and freedom for the group springs from the Twelve Traditions, so freedom for the service structure flourishes from the Twelve Concepts.
1. To fulfill our fellowship’s primary purpose, the Nar-Anon Family Groups have joined together to create a structure that develops, coordinates, and maintains services on behalf of Nar-Anon as a whole.
2. The final responsibility and authority for Nar-Anon services rests with the Nar-Anon Family Groups.
3. The Nar-Anon Family Groups delegate to the service structure the authority necessary to fulfill the responsibilities assigned to it.
4. Effective leadership is highly valued in Nar-Anon. Leadership qualities should be carefully considered when selecting trusted servants.
5. For each responsibility assigned to the service structure, a single point of decision and accountability should be clearly defined.
6. Group conscience is the spiritual means by which we invite a loving Higher Power to influence our decisions.
7. All members of a service body bear substantial responsibility for that body’s decisions and should be allowed to fully participate in its decision-making processes.
8. Regular, two-way communications are essential to the fulfillment of all these concepts and the integrity and effectiveness of our services themselves.
9. All elements of our service structure have the responsibility to carefully consider all viewpoints in their decision-making processes.
10. Any member of a service body can petition that body for the redress of a personal grievance, without fear of reprisal.
11. Nar-Anon funds are used to further our primary purpose to carry the message, and must be managed responsibly.
12. In keeping with the spiritual nature of Nar-Anon, our structure should always be one of service, never of governance.
Copyright 2014 Nar-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. Used with permission.
©2021 by Pacific NW Nar-Anon.