PACIFIC NW NAR-ANON
Hope and Help for
Families and Friends of Addicts
The Twelve Traditions
1. Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends on unity.
2. For our group purposes there is but one authority — a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants — they do not govern.
3. The relatives of addicts, when gathered for mutual aid, may call themselves a Nar-Anon Family Group, provided that as a group, they have no other affiliation. The only requirement for membership is that there be a problem of addiction in a relative or friend.
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other Nar-Anon Family Groups, or NA as a whole.
5. Each Nar-Anon Family Group has but one purpose; to help families of addicts. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps of Nar-Anon, by encouraging and understanding our addicted relatives, and by welcoming and giving comfort to families of addicts.
6. Our Family Groups ought never to endorse, finance or lend our name to any outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary spiritual aim; but although a separate entity, we should always cooperate with Narcotics Anonymous.
7. Every group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8. Nar-Anon Twelfth Step work should remain forever non-professional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
9. Our groups, as such ought never to be organized, but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10. The Nar-Anon Family Groups have no opinion on outside issues; hence our name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, films, internet and other forms of mass media. We need guard with special care the anonymity of all NA members.
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles above personalities.
Copyright 2014 Nar-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. Used with permission.
©2021 by Pacific NW Nar-Anon.